Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Carter Bays answers questions about the finale on Twitter

On Barney and Robin and their divorce:

Q: what about barney and robin's love? I really need to know for my sanity if all of this was a big lie or not
CB: They love each other too and did their best to make it work. Three years is an amazing achievement all things considered.

Q: I just find it odd that Barney and Robin stayed through so much(her infertility, etc) but broke up because there was no wifi?
CB: There's probably more to it than that.

On Ted and Robin:
Q: When do we actually ever saw Robin returning Ted's feelings? Love takes two people, and we never see her return his feelings.
CB: She almost ran off with him on the day of her wedding.

On Ted and Tracy (and Robin):
Q: Can I ask you a question? Has Ted ever really loved Tracy at all? I mean like really loved her? I really do need to know that...
CB: Of course. She's the love of his life. I mean it's all up for interpretation but that's my take on it.

Q: Ted ending up with Robin again makes it look as if Tracy was just a consolation price for not getting Robin in the first place.
CB: He's making the best of a bad situation. He was happy with T, but a terrible thing happened. He's trying to survive.

Q: so at the end of the day, in your intentions, who's "The One"? Tracy? Robin? Both? :)
CB: "The One" is a simplistic way of looking at it, but I'd say Tracy.
All these are in line with everything I wrote on this blog, which is kind of nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment